Wednesday 18 December 2019

Activity 3 The Coloumbain Exchange

This week is the Manaiakalani SLJ Teaser Week. The theme for this year is called "change makers".
This theme will help us learn more about incredible people who have changed the world.
For this activity I worked on my own to complete this activty. To complete this task I was asked to think
of someone who has had a positive impact in my life. Below I have written a short description of who this
person is and what they did to make me become a person that I am today. 


- This was a very hard descison to make, especially because I have had a lot people who has given me
support throughout the year. I chose to talk about my uncle Amanaki Mafi. He is a rugby player who plays
for the Japan rugby team. He participated in some games for this years Rugby World Cup as well.
Sporting for me has become a bigger impact in life, especially when my uncle was over in New Zealand.
As a young child I was very into sports, but my parents didn't allow me to play, because they thought that
I was perhaps going to get hurt/ just because I was a young girl who didn't show them how passionate I
was about sports. My uncle was my idol and still is. He is currently living in Japan with his family and
I tend to call him every now and then to check up on how sports is going. He was a person who encouraged
and got me to play many sports that I am playing today. So far this year I have been selected for many
representivite teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.